Thursday, October 15, 2009

A funny thing happened to me on a recent trip to our nation's capitol. I was on a plane, on my way to DC, while preparing for a lecture I was going to present at Mitre on Super Foods. I had a printout of my slides that I was reviewing when the flight attendant (I was flying Jet blue) offered a snack of either cashews or animal crackers. I wasn't going to eat either but I thought I'd bring home the animal shaped crackers for my kids (thinking they'd think they were cute). As I asked for them, the man sitting next to me said "now those are not a super food!". I had to laugh. Firstly, because he was absolutely right. But, secondly, because he just admitted to reading over my shoulder! He turned out to be a very nice man. (And if he's reading this now, I hope he is laughing too. I don't want any nasty letters.)

And what are the Super Foods I spoke of in my lecture? Here are a few of them....

avocado, broccoli, butternut squash, edamame, flax, french fries (just kidding -- ok you ARE paying attention), kale, kiwi, quinoa and walnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment